We believe in privacy
The information we collect about you is the bare minimum needed to operate
this service securely. The data we collect and store depends on which areas
of the website you visit.
We set three cookies on your computer. This is what they do:
- A cookie called "handshake" is used to process form submissions and stop bad users
from flooding our servers with requests. This helps us drastically reduce the level
of spam links in our database.
- A cookie called "confirm" is used to verify the authenticity of the "handshake"
cookie in case it has been modified by a user or whilst in transit.
- A cookie called "__cfduid" is set by our DNS provider to help thwart attacks on
the servers hosting this website. The setting of this cookie is beyond our control,
but we automatically overwrite the original value with a zero value to stop it
from being used to track you.
- We store user information from the contact form on the contact page in our database.
We send out a confirmation email and then a follow up email if required. Your data (name,
email address, link/url, message) is stored securely and is automatically deleted after
90 days. Deletion is permanent. A copy of your message and corresponding information will
also be held on our secure mail servers so we can reply to you. Messages in webmail are
also deleted after 90 days.
- Every request to our API service is logged and monitored to prevent abuse and spam.
Records are kept for six months in order to help spot troublesome users and block access
to our servers from certain IP ranges.
- We collect data about how you use the site including which pages you browse and we
use geo-IP technology to determine which country you are in. This helps us check how much
the website is being used and which pages need maintaining and improving.
If you would like your data removed from our servers, please contact us.